Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Have Reportedly Quit Social Media For Good


In the spring of last year, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle shut down their joint Instagram account. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex used the Sussex Royal account to highlight their work as senior working members of the Royal Family. Once they decided to step back from official royal life, they were no longer allowed to use Sussex Royal for any of their future brandings.

"Following today’s post, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will no longer post on Instagram under the @sussexroyal handle and will also no longer update SussexRoyal.com website," a statement from the Sussexes' team explained at the time. "Both the Instagram account and website will remain in existence online for the foreseeable future, although they will be inactive."

Harry and Meghan wrote a personal message to their followers, as well, promising that "while you may not see us here, the work continues."

The work has continued, however, the former royals reportedly won't be returning to social media. As they gear up to launch Archewell, Harry and Meghan won't launch social media channels for their new charitable organization.A source close to the couple told The Sunday Times that Harry and Meghan have “no plans” to use social media for their new endeavor. The source also said it's “very unlikely” Harry and Meghan will ever use social media in any sort of personal capacity, either.

During a virtual chat with Forbes last year, Meghan touched on her decision to step away from social media. “For my own self-preservation, I have not been on social media for a very long time,” she said. “I’ve made a personal choice to not have any account, so I don’t know what’s out there, and in many ways that’s helpful for me.”

Photo: Getty